Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Erste Woche in Wien

Today is the first Wednesday of our German Intensive program, as well as the first day of auditions for the Performance Workshop that I have to take for my performance credit. The past couple of days have been pretty busy, with a smorgasbord of meetings and things to sign up for. It's funny to think about how I've been spending my days. I have my German Intensive from 12:30 till around 3 or 4 (I don't actually remember exactly). After that however I've been setting off on excursions around Vienna so I ca
n get a grip on the UBahn subway system here. It's pretty similar, but practice makes perfect. Charlie and John-- two of my roommates-- and I spent basically all of Monday after our class looking for a place to buy school supplies and more importantly, towels (both Charlie and I forgot to pack them). It was a good time walking around another pedestrian walkway with a crap ton of stores. I didn't get any pictures of that, mainly because we just wanted to finish as soon as possible. After we got back to Margaretenstrasse 149, I went to the practice rooms right next door to our apartment and did some work on my audition piece (Weber Bassoon Concerto, mvmt 1). Yesterday I walked to Honer (I think? I forget it's name) to buy a card so I can put some credits on my Austrian SIM card. Here is a dope pictures that I got while I was heading back to the UBahn station to go back home:
  So far then it's been nice. I plan on going to the Danau Canal this weekend. The Canal is a part of the River that runs through Vienna. They made the canal so the ships can come up the river, but a section of it is set up so that pedestrians can go swimming in the river and do other stuff. It looks pretty fun, and hopefully the weather this weekend will be good. 

That's all for today. I have to go practice some German and check to make sure I signed up for an audition time (My head is still absorbing the fact that I'm in Europe, so time management stuff has been sorta on the back burner). 

Greg 


p.s. Bonus picture of a cute dog I saw on Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment