Monday, August 15, 2016

#1

I should probably start packing.


Well, tonight is the last night that I get to spend in my room eating popcorn and drinking beer before a youtube video at 1:30am. 


The title of this page it sort of misleading -- I started packing probably three or four days ago. It was starting to get close to my day of departure (tomorrow, August 16th to be exact) but the sense of urgency didn't strike me just yet. I find this is a feeling I often encounter with most big events in my daily life. The feeling of caterpillars turning into butterflies in my stomach doesn't really occur until about 1 hour before it actually happens. I don't actually become seriously intoxicated by the feeling until I'm about to step onto the stage to perform, or in front of the classroom to present a topic. These things are pretty small compared to what's happening tomorrow, but the feeling is the same. 


Tomorrow I leave for four months to study abroad in Vienna (if you weren't aware, that is.) I'm a music history major at The Hartt School at the University of Hartford, and was turned on to studying abroad by my friends and my aunt who had studied in London when she was in college. "If they have a study abroad program available at the school Greg, do it." I guess that dream I had was becoming a reality. The last 2 months have probably been the busiest summer I've had even though I had no actual job. Getting a visa was so goddamn difficult, but the journey my mom and I took to  NYC was a lot of fun. 
This is that museum I was referring too. Sorry about the crappy photo sphere.

Seeing the Guggenheim museum was awesome. 

I forget where I was going with this post. I probably had too much to drink. Coffee is pretty potent stuff (it really isn't but I don't care.) 


If you made it this far through the post, thank you for taking the time to read my paragraphs about items and subjects after two cans of beer and some lemonade. You can check back at his website for further updates regarding my studying abroad in Vienna. I return December 22nd. 

Best,
Greg Eckhardt 

No comments:

Post a Comment